Friday, April 24, 2009

Restaurant Review McDonalds

Duh right? I mean everyone with kids eats at Mickey D's! But, we normally eat at Chick Fil A when the weather is less than cooperative, as it has been as of late, because of its indoor playground. But tonight was a delightful warm evening and I needed to balance my checkbook. My pediatrician is actually a fan of McDonald's over Chick Fil A. All of Chick Fil A's menu items have MSG or autolyzed yeast. She feels this warrants significant concern when it comes to kiddos. My guys eat grilled cheese and fruit there, not sure of their MSG content. I guess I should look it up.
Anyways. Back to tonight. I took my neighboor, Sarah, with me to help with kiddie corraling. While there are two economical meals, the double cheese meal and the mc chicken mean, the rest cost 5 bucks plus for a combo meal. Phillip and Selah were both huuuuungrry tonight, so they got mighty kid meals instead of happy meals. Selah double cheese and Phillip six nuggets. They always get apples. Kudos to McDonald's for peeling their apples. A lot of places don't.
I wish there were more options for sides with the combo meals. Don't get me wrong, I like me some fries. But sometimes I wish I could get a burger with something a little healthier. I do eat their salads sometimes, and the bacon ranch salad is awesome!!!!
The service tonight at our Dawsonville location was impeccable and very polite. Five stars!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a little sad to hear that about chick-fil-a since it's definitely my fav!

The Hunts said...

I know. Chick Fil A is my fave food wise, and cleanliness/service wise. They are always super helpful when I am corralling two kiddos myself. I will still go there, especially when weather warrants an indoor playground. My kids don't eat the chicken anyway,so I figure the risk is nil.

All our Pictures