Wednesday, February 6, 2008

we are indeed still here

Wow. Three sick kids is enough to weary even the strongest of caregivers. We are going on week two here, and everyone is "better", but I hesitate to use the term "well". Let's just say the last two weeks have involved several 105 degree temps, a carpet cleaning situation, and even a sick dog thrown in the mix. But yesterday was 75 and sunny and really helped us with our sanity! Thank you Lord for such a glorious day to be outside!
We are still looking for a job. We are still trusting in God's provision. Be praying for us, not just to get a job, but to trust in God's plan, and pray that our eyes will be able to see His plan as He reveals it.
Selah has a new top tooth. Tripp has some new Nike Shox his mother that he's exceptionally proud of. Phillip has learned something new about discipline. Last night our conversation at bedtime went something like this, "Phillip did you know God made Nemo (our beta) and that He made you. He loves you and Nemo. God wants you to be sweet to Sissy (he had just bitten her). God wants you to listen to Mommy and Daddy. What happens to you when you don't listen to Mommy and Daddy?" To which he replied, in two year old fashion, through his pacifier, "I et a spankin. Or go in 'orner" Never in a million years did I expect him to be able to answer that question. But he knows. It doesn't seem to phase him when he's running around throwing qtips all over the house, but at least he gets the whole cause and effect of consequences.

1 comment:

Josiah said...

Oh my! You've been on my brain lately and I've been thinking I should touch base and now I know why! You've had so much going on! I'll be praying for you friend.

All our Pictures